Here are some of the exciting things k1 classes are doing this week and next to explore the first unit of inquiry: Who we are.
- Presentation with special guest Gillian Kessler about people with a limited sense of hearing and how they adapt
- Games that requires us to operate without a sense
- Inquiry into famous people with limited senses
- Popcorn party to explore and describe this fun food with all five senses
- Family homework pages to reflect on the senses at home
- Other specials guests to help us inquire and explore
We will keep posting photos on the blog for you to enjoy!
Homework: Please let us know if you have any questions about the homework routines. Also please help your child bring his/her folder back to school every day.
Here is an important announcement about a very exciting day coming in a few weeks.
Friday, October 24, 2014: COME CELEBRATE! ONE DAY-THREE GRAND EVENTS-FALL FAMILY FUN!
1) GDay for Grandparents & Grandfriends, 9:00 A.M.-11:30 A.M. at MIS (Parents encouraged to volunteer or register as “grandfriends.” RSVP to the Office by Oct. 3rd)
2) Workshops celebrating Day of the Dead cultural traditions, 1:00 P.M.-3:00 P.M. at MIS (Parents are encouraged to volunteer or join the fun.)
3) MIS’s 1st Annual Fall Family Fiesta & Fundraiser at the Ranch Club, 4:30 P.M.-10:00 P.M. BBQ, Hayrides, and more!
Meet the Whizpops and join the fun! (Parents needed to volunteer! All families and friends invited! RSVP to the Office by Oct. 13th)
Have a great weekend!
John and Esther, k1 team