Unit of Inquiry – Sharing the Planet
This week students had learning experiences in the unit Sharing the Planet, including a presentation from the Shaw family. The classes met their two ponies and inquired into the concepts of change, responsibility, and connection.
Students have also been preparing and planning for next week’s final assessment. They will choose a living thing, conduct research, and then create a poster that shows their knowledge of the habitat, physical characteristics, life cycle, and other interesting facts. We have plenty of sources in class for research, but please encourage your child to bring any additional resources they may have at home on Monday.
Thank you for confirming your child’s conference time with the teacher. We look forward to hearing the students share their work and reflect on learning accomplishments and goals. We are very proud of all hard work the children have done in preparation for the conference and all the progress they have made this year!
Notes from the Office
- May 6 – 10: Parent – Teacher Conferences
- Parents, we need all the parking we can get in front of the building in the mornings! Please do not park in the drop off or quick stop area if you are attending a morning Conference.
- May 8 – Community FUNraiser: Bike to Great Burn Brewery
- Option 1: Meet at MIS Playground at 3:45pm and start biking as a group.
- Option 2: Join the group at 4:15pm at the parking lot of the new MIS School Building.
- Everyone will ride to Great Burn brewery to enjoy local beer, soda and raise money for MIS. There is a dinner from Just BBQ and live music by Nicole Cannavaro.
- Spanish Speaking at the Farmers Market
- Kate and Addy from the Hellgate High School IB Spanish class are looking for Spanish speakers to talk to at our local Clark Fork farmers market every Saturday this May.
Have a nice weekend,