Dear k/1 families,
Thank you so much for your patience and open minds during our first week of remote learning! We are all learning how to use these tools and discovering how great they are but that they also can present technical issues or be confusing at first.
Here are a few tips based on what we’re learning and the feedback we are getting from families:
- 3CX, Google Classroom, and Flipgrid all work best in Google Chrome.
- Instructions for accessing your child’s Raz kids account:
- Go to this website on your device or computer: https://www.kidsa-z.com/main/Login
- Type or select teacher name: k1MISinternational
- Select your child’s name
- Type password (child’s first name beginning with capital letter)
- Please remind your child to complete all the steps of each of the three daily assignments – math, reading, writing. We are really enjoying watching the video responses in Flipgrid. They are speaking so much Spanish! This is the tool we are using to assess learning progress, so please make sure your child is completing this step.
Also, we wanted the let you know about specialist remote learning program starting next week. Each specialist will posted one assignment a week and students have a week to complete the task. The 12:45-1:00 time is office hours when a specialist teacher is available in Google Classroom to help with questions about the assignment. Please see the schedule below to know when specialists will post new assignments.
Specialist Schedule Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday K/1
Music PE Art Library
Finally, we wanted to remind you that Amparo and John have office hours are 12:30 to 1:30, Monday to Thursday. Send us an email and we’ll be happy to assist you individually with any issues you are having with the remote learning program. You can also contact us anytime throughout the work week and we’ll respond as quickly as we can.
Please continue to give us feedback so we can make these learning opportunities as clear and accessible as possible.
Have a great weekend,
k/1 team, John and Amparo