Dear k/1 families,
Unit of Inquiry – How the World Works
We suggest that you discuss inquiry questions such as these with your child at home:
- What types of balls do you know about?
- How do they move differently?
- What causes them to move?
- How do different forces affect the movement of objects?
- What materials can you use to build a ball?
- What materials can you use to build a ramp?
- What else have you learned about how balls and ramps work together?
Central Idea: Experimenting with materials and technologies may help us solve problems and understand how things work.
Lines of Inquiry
- How problem-solving is a process that allows us to learn (reflection)
- An inquiry into how materials work together (function)
- How forces affect the way objects move (causation)
Schedule of End of Year Events for K/1 Students
Please mark your calendar with these end of the year events.
|Last day of specialist class assignments
|Thursday, May 28|
|Last day of math, reading, and writing assignments and last day of small reading groups.
(However, we will provide a menu of off-screen activities for June 1 to 5).
|Friday, May 29|
|Last day of daily circle and end of the year class celebration in 3CX
|Friday, June 5|
|Student checkout – Pick up bag with portfolios of work in cubby and drop off library books and any borrowed devices (See schedule based on last name.)||Monday, June 8 and Tuesday, June 9|
|Report Cards are released.
|Friday, June 12|
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Also, there will be no classes or assignments on Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day.
Have a great weekend,